Save about 30% on your energy bill while reducing environmental emissions.
Heating your home uses more energy and costs more money than any other system in your home -- typically making up about 42% of your utility bill.
No matter what kind of heating system you have in your house, you can save money and increase your comfort by properly maintaining and upgrading your equipment. But remember, an energy-efficient furnace alone will not have as great an impact on your energy bills as using the whole-house approach. By combining proper equipment maintenance and upgrades with recommended insulation, air sealing, and thermostat settings, you can save about 30% on your energy bill while reducing environmental emissions.
- Set your programmable thermostat as low as is comfortable in the winter and lower the setpoint when you're sleeping or away from home.
- Clean or replace filters on furnaces once a month or as recommended.
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators as needed; make sure they're not blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes.
- Eliminate trapped air from hot-water radiators once or twice a season; if unsure about how to perform this task, contact a professional.
- Place heat-resistant radiator reflectors between exterior walls and the radiators.
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing; when replacing exhaust fans, consider installing high-efficiency, low-noise models.
- During winter, keep the draperies and shades on your south-facing windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
Select energy-efficient products when you buy new heating equipment. Your contractor should be able to give you energy fact sheets for different types, models, and designs to help you compare energy usage.
Contact Us Today to Discover Programs
Client Approval: This is not an application for credit. By submitting this form, I grant authorization to order a copy of my credit report to use in conjunction with this pre-qualification worksheet for home improvement funding purposes to discover is a special program is available for your project. By clicking Submit, I give my elec. Sig. and consent for In Homeowner Funding and/or its Affiliates to contact me at the phone number above, including by text msg. autodialer or pre-recorded msg. Consent not required for purchase. Msg. & data rates may apply.
The overall value and professional was very much appreciated by me and my family. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Swoyersville, PA, on Oct 04, 2016
They were very friendly people. Everything they did was clean. They did a great job, and explained every step to me. They were very good at answering all my questions.
Dingmans Ferry, PA, on Apr 05, 2016
They were very efficient and the crew was most excellent. The job was done in a matter of a few hours. I was happy and delighted. Everything just worked out wonderful. The paperwork was not hard to understand and I would advise anyone who is looking for a new roof to call PA Homeowner funding.
Freeland, PA, on Apr 05, 2016