Financing Home Additions and Sunrooms
Design & build a bonus room for added space, beauty & value.
If you're looking to design a beautiful new space for your home, there's nothing quite like the experience of a sunroom addition. Unlike building an addition onto your home, sunroom installation quickly provides a cost-effective extra space in your home that can be enjoyed year round.
Homeowner Funding provides high-quality sunroom design and installation in the Northeastern United States. We can help you add the perfect living space to your home. We install a variety of styles of sunrooms, and we will work with you to find the perfect custom design for your home.
Types of Sunrooms for Your Home
You are certainly not limited when it comes to choosing a sunroom design for your home addition. Here are just a few ideas:
- Cathedral sunrooms feature sloped, glass-paned roofs and are commonly installed as four-season sunrooms. These rooms are highly energy efficient and are a popular addition that boosts curb appeal and property value.
- Conservatory sunrooms provide a classic domed appearance that makes for an elegant addition to your home. Since the walls and ceiling are all glass, conservatories maximize sunlight and give the best connection to the outdoors.
- Straight- or curved-eave sunrooms are modern, energy-efficient rooms that fit seamlessly into the existing house. These are easily used as year-round living spaces, as well. If you choose an opaque roof for this design, be sure to include several skylights.
How to Design the Perfect Sunroom
Before you design your sunroom, it's a good idea to decide what you'll be using your sunroom for, and what will be the best value for your investment. When adding on to your home, consider these options:
- Seasonal use: Sunrooms can be open, three season, or four season. Open porches are obviously completely weather dependent. Three-season sunrooms include insulated glass but lack a heating or cooling system, meaning extreme temperatures will make the area uncomfortable. Finally, four-season sunrooms are insulated and include heating and cooling systems, making them part of the house.
- Sunroom lighting: If you want to use your sunroom in the evening, strategically placed accent lighting and track lighting will make the room more enjoyable. Skylights are also an essential addition if you choose an opaque ceiling.
- Heating & cooling options: Four-season sunrooms naturally require heating and cooling options for the space. Electric floor heating can be a fantastic way to keep your floors comfortable, while fireplaces are also popular in sunrooms. Ceiling fans and windows can be sufficient for cooling, though air conditioning can be added to keep your sunroom cool and relaxing.
- Finishing touches: Complete your sunroom design by bringing in wicker furniture and sweet-smelling flowering plants, and by using acrylic fabrics that resist fading in the sun. For fancier finishing touches, you may want to consider customizing your sunroom further with a fountain, hot tub, or even a spa enclosure. Whether you're creating a home office, a playroom for your children, or you just want a place to read and relax, don't forgo the little details that make the space your own.
Sunroom Energy Efficiency
At Homeowner Funding, we recommend that you install double-paned (also called double-glazed) windows for your sunroom. Double-glazed, insulated sunroom windows will have twice the insular R-value (R-4), saving energy in your home.
Thermal breaks and insulation should also be integrated into your frame, and all glass should be Low-E coated to protect it from UV rays in the summer while also adding insulation value in the winter. To conserve energy in your home, you may also want to consider isolating your sunroom from the rest of the housing envelope. Having a sealed door into the sunroom as opposed to an open entry will help save energy and is essential in three-season sunrooms.
Apply for Homeowner Loans for Your Sunroom Today
If you want to upgrade your home with a custom sunroom installation, Homeowner Funding is the local contractor you need! We design and install all types of custom sunrooms for our customers in the Northeastern United States. We will work with you to ensure that you get the perfect space for your needs.
Contact Us Today to Discover Programs
Client Approval: This is not an application for credit. By submitting this form, I grant authorization to order a copy of my credit report to use in conjunction with this pre-qualification worksheet for home improvement funding purposes to discover is a special program is available for your project. By clicking Submit, I give my elec. Sig. and consent for In Homeowner Funding and/or its Affiliates to contact me at the phone number above, including by text msg. autodialer or pre-recorded msg. Consent not required for purchase. Msg. & data rates may apply.
The overall value and professional was very much appreciated by me and my family. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Swoyersville, PA, on Oct 04, 2016
They were very friendly people. Everything they did was clean. They did a great job, and explained every step to me. They were very good at answering all my questions.
Dingmans Ferry, PA, on Apr 05, 2016
They were very efficient and the crew was most excellent. The job was done in a matter of a few hours. I was happy and delighted. Everything just worked out wonderful. The paperwork was not hard to understand and I would advise anyone who is looking for a new roof to call PA Homeowner funding.
Freeland, PA, on Apr 05, 2016